Huffington Post; July 26, 2013
If Trayvon Martin’s family decides to file a wrongful-death suit against George Zimmerman, they could be opening a Pandora’s box, according to Zimmerman’s older brother.
“A myriad of things that were off-limits in a criminal trial would come into play in a civil case. Specifically, things that might not be very flattering to Trayvon or his family,” Robert Zimmerman Jr. said in an email to The Huffington Post.
George Zimmerman, a 29-year-old former neighborhood watch volunteer, was acquitted earlier this month of all criminal charges in the 2012 shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
Prior to the start of Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial, the judge overseeing the case ruled that lawyers for Zimmerman could not mention Martin’s alleged history of fighting or pictures of drugs and guns found on his cell phone.
“Public opinion was swayed by a false presentation of this case from the beginning,” Zimmerman’s lawyer Mark O’Mara said at a press conference after the ruling. “The Martin family, through their handlers, presented a picture of who Trayvon was and who George was that is wholly inaccurate.”
To read the complete article, please click here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/george-zimmerman-civil-lawsuit_n_3659826.html